Shuttles and Transportation
The University of New Haven offers a variety of safe and reliable transportation options that allow students to explore the Greater New Haven and West Haven areas - most, free of charge.
We provide a robust system of shuttles to help students, faculty, staff, and visitors navigate quickly travel between University-sponsored parking lots, main campus, local railroad and bus stations, downtown New Haven, and points west of campus on Boston Post Road, including major shopping centers. The University also has additional transportation options for students with the ChargerGo bus pass and ZipCar availability on campus.
Operational Changes and Safety Measures During COVID-19
The University of New Haven is working with our shuttle provider, Propark and implementing the following measures in accordance with State of Ct guidelines.
- Enhanced daily cleaning protocols with EPA approved disinfectants
- Sanitizer dispensers placed on every vehicle
- Buses/vehicles are to operate at a maximum of 50% capacity to provide appropriate social distancing
- Passengers must wear a face covering for entry
Other transportation service providers have implemented safety measures due to COVID 19. Please visit their sites at the links below to review changes during COVID19.
CT Transit (ChargerGo bus pass)
The list of services shown here is representative of the types of services that we provide and is intended to give prospective students and families an overview of the shuttle and transportation program.
Schedules and times are subject to change throughout the year and are accessible to current students, faculty and staff on myCharger.
For the location of the parking lots listed below, please consult the parking map.
The Accessible Van Service is a free service available to students, faculty, staff and the general public. The service provides safe and timely campus transportation. Our accessible van is equipped with a manual wheelchair ramp and our drivers are trained in the use of this vehicle and the requirements for safe wheelchair accessibility.
The Accessible Van Service gives priority to those passengers with temporary or permanent disabilities. Student passengers with permanent disabilities or temporary medical conditions must register through the Accessibility Resource Center (ARC). Employee passengers with permanent disabilities or temporary medical conditions must register through the Human Resources Office. All passengers must provide adequate documentation as required by either ARC or HR to use this service.
Once registered, those requesting a pick-up must call University Police Dispatch at (203) 932-7014.
Normal Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- This service does not operate during academic breaks (Summer, Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring Break) and when classes are not in session.
- Extreme Weather: This service and other transportation services will not operate during extreme weather.
- Announcements will be relayed to the campus community to notify of service reductions and/or cancellations.
- On-Demand services are available outside of normal services hours
How We Operate
The accessible van will be available to individuals with disabilities on an as-needed basis, and otherwise will operate on the Inner Loop schedule which can be found on myCharger. There are specific pick-up/drop-off locations. Modifications to these locations can be made on a case-by-case basis.
Van drivers are required to remain in the vehicle at all times and are only able to exit the van in order to open vehicle doors and deploy/retract the manual ramp for wheelchair passengers. Van drivers are not able to assist in loading persons or personal items onto the vehicle so please plan accordingly.
If a passenger does not show up at a pick-up location within five minutes of the designated time, the pick-up is designated a “No-Show” and the AVS Van will leave for its next pick-up. If you then call needing a ride, please keep in mind that the van may not be able to return immediately.
For more information about the Accessible Van Service please visit myCharger (login required).
- Stops at the following lots: Hoffman Street parking lot and Maxcy Hall
- Runs Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. in a continuous loop
- Stops at the following lots: The Atwood Apartments, North Campus, Pruden Street, and Maxcy Hall
- Runs Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. in a continuous loop
- Stops at the following lots: Railroad Salvage and the Marvin K. Peterson Library
- Runs Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. in a continuous loop
- Stops at the following lots: Care Lane, Forest Hills, the Marvin K. Peterson Library and Harugari Hall on repeat
- Runs Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. on a schedule
- Stops at Maxcy Hall, Bergami Hall, Dodds Hall, Marvin K. Peterson Library, South Campus, and Westside Hall
- Runs Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. arriving at stops approximately every 15 minutes in a continuous loop
- Two vans run simultaneously and make stops at the Marvin K. Peterson Library, St. Paul's Church, Railroad Salvage lot, Maxcy Hall, Hoffman Street lot, and North Campus
- Both North and South after-hours vans run Monday-Friday, from 6 p.m. - midnight
- Stops at Main Street Apartments, Savin Court, and Marvin K. Peterson Library
- Runs Monday-Friday from 6:45 a.m. to midnight and Saturday-Sunday from 10 a.m. to midnight
- Runs Friday from 4 to 11:30 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday from 1 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Stops at Maxcy Hall and Trinity Church (New Haven) at the corner of College and Chapel
- Runs Thursday-Saturday from 6:15 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Stops at Maxcy Hall and Orange Campus
- Runs Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 10:15 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Service to the West Haven Train Station is scheduled Monday-Thursday from 7 a.m. to 10:15 p.m., Friday from 7 a.m. - 10:30 p.m., and Sunday from 5:30-10:30 p.m.
- Service to the New Haven Train Station is scheduled Friday from 7 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. and Sunday from 5:30-10:30 p.m.
- The ChargerGo Pass is a special transportation pass for University of New Haven students who do not have a parking pass, including resident first-year students.
- ChargerGo is valid for unlimited trips during each semester on all CTtransit local buses.
- The University has partnered with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to the area.
- To use Zipcars, simply register as a member, reserve a car online or by phone, use your Zipcard to enter the car, and drive away.