Student Memberships – Academic Year
- During the Academic Year, the Beckerman Recreation Center Membership fee for all current full-time and part-time University Of New Haven undergraduate and graduate students is included in their student fees.
- To activate a Membership, all current students must visit the Beckerman Recreation Center Welcome Desk to complete their emergency contact information and sign their Release/Hold Harmless Agreement.
Student Memberships – Summer Intersession
University of New Haven students wishing to access the facility during the summer intersession between the spring semester and the fall semester are eligible to purchase a Student Summer Membership to the Beckerman Recreation Center.
- Students, who will be enrolled for the upcoming fall semester, are eligible to purchase a Summer Student Membership.
- Proof of enrollment for the upcoming fall semester will be required at the time of Membership purchase.
Student Summer Intersession Membership Fees - Day Passes*
Summer Session 1 Summer Session 2 Full Summer Day Pass Date Range Spring Commencement thru the end of Summer Session 1 End of Summer Session 1 thru the start of the Academic Year Spring Commencement thru the start of the Academic Year Only valid on the date of purchase for one-time use of the facility. Fee $25 $25 $45 $7/Visit
*Prices subject to change.
All current and retired University of New Haven Faculty/Staff are eligible to purchase a Faculty/Staff Membership to the Beckerman Recreation Center.
Current Sodexo employees are eligible to purchase a Membership at the Faculty/Staff Membership rate. (Retired Sodexo employees are not eligible to purchase a Membership.)
Proof of employment or retirement will be required at the time of Membership activation.
Faculty/Staff Day Passes
Current Faculty/Staff are eligible to sponsor themselves for a Faculty/Staff Day Pass.
- Proof of employment will be required at the time of purchase of the Day Pass. A current ID card may serve as proof of employment for current Faculty/Staff and Sodexo employees.
- The fee for a Day Pass is only valid for a one-time use of the facility on the date of purchase and cannot be applied to any Membership fees.
Faculty/Staff & Retiree Membership Fees
1 Month Upfront 4 Month Upfront 12 Month Upfront Payroll Deduction Repetitive Day Pass Date Range Expires 1 calendar month from the date of Membership Purchase. Expires 4 calendar months from the date of Membership Purchase. Expires 12 calendar months from the date of Membership Purchase. On-going, Member must submit written notice of cancellation. On-going, Member must submit written notice of cancellation. Only valid on the date of purchase for one-time use of the facility. Fee $20 $70 $144/year ($12/month) ($12/month) $5/visit
- Any membership may be canceled within seven (7) days from the activation date with a full refund. Beyond the 7 day cancellation policy, please see membership-specific cancellation policies below.
- Members must provide written proof of cancellation by submitting a Membership Cancellation form
- A confirmation email will be sent to the provided email address within five (5) business days of submitting the cancellation form, notifying the Member of their official cancellation date.
- Any charges posted on the account during the cancellation process will be the responsibility of the Member.
- Members are responsible for any current balances at time of cancellation.
- Any exceptions to the cancellation policy must be authorized by the Director of Campus Recreation.
- The Department of Campus Recreation reserves the right to make a judgment decision on any cancellation and/or refund scenarios not addressed in this policy.
- Refunds will not be given for lack of use.
- Membership refunds will not be given for Holiday/event closings, facility/ emergency closures, etc.
- Memberships that are three (3) months overdue will be terminated. All charges and balances will be the responsibility of the member.
- Any guest who violates any policy or procedure and has to be removed from the facility will not be given a refund.
- Membership dues will not be prorated. Members are responsible for the full payment of the membership billing cycle (Repetitive Memberships are billed the second of the month for the current month, i.e. January 2nd covers all of January).
- The cancellation process is dependent on membership and payment type. See specifics below.
- For Faculty/Staff Payroll Deduction Cancellations, upon receiving the cancellation form, Member will be assigned an official cancellation date and an official cancellation form will be sent to the Business Office to end payroll deduction. The exact end date of payroll deduction will be determined by the business office.
- Faculty and staff ending their affiliation with the University of New Haven must cancel their membership upon leaving the University; otherwise they will be responsible for any charges on the account.
- Members who purchase an upfront membership (1 month, 4 month, 12 month) are not eligible for early cancellation or refund.
- Any faculty staff member that is no longer employed by the University, with the exception of retirees, will be provided a refund for the prorated portions of their unused membership.
- Guest and Day-Use passes will be provided refunds only during emergency/unanticipated closures.
Beckerman Recreation Center Membership Forms
Following the University COVID-19 guidelines on campus visitors; household, alumni, and community memberships as well guest passes and family days have been suspended. At this time there is no timeline for resuming memberships for those categories. For refunds of or questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.