The science and practice of Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Management are more important than ever in today’s global competitive business environment. You cannot be successful without strategizing about, leveraging, leading and aligning your own resources and skills, and those of others around you, no matter how good a marketer, HR, financial or operating professional you are. As a current or aspiring leading manager, I know that you WILL make a difference in peoples’ lives and organizations. This can be both challenging and exciting. There is a lot to learn, but your professional growth and career opportunities will likewise be greatly enhanced. My classes have an evidence-based foundation but are decidedly applied in their content and learning methods and requirements/deliverables.
I have had the honor of teaching UNH students in both I/O Psychology and Management department courses.
As a career-long applied psychologist, I have extensive industry and corporate experience improving organizational and human resource effectiveness. This includes developing, delivering and evaluating a wide range of human resources, management, leadership and organizational development interventions and learning experiences. My career includes having been a:
- Leader at the American Management Association (AMA), overseeing 80 development programs for professionals, managers and leaders. Prior to AMA,
- Head of Organizational & Leadership Development for Bayer Healthcare/Pharmaceutical, NA., helped lead several organizational change initiatives, talent management, and leadership/executive development and coaching engagements during turbulent times.
- At GE Capital Corp. (the financial services business within General Electric) for several years, I was the Leader, Best Practices & Program Development, designing and consulting on a wide variety of Organizational and Leadership Development interventions, executive coaching and learning initiatives (e.g., Six Sigma, Strategic Leadership Skills), integrating mergers, and applying GE's legendary Work-Out and Change Processes. Before GE Capital,
- I was with R.H. Macy & Co. as its Vice President, Organizational Development & Executive Compensation, leading/supporting various change initiatives
- Development Dimensions Int’l., Consultant for Service Excellence; and KRC Research and Consulting, VP Organizational Research & OD Consulting.
- In various Human Resource leadership roles (e.g., Manager of HR Research and Strategy) during my ten years at the JC Penney Co.
I continue consulting to private- and public-sector organizations, sometimes collaborating with Pivotal Resources, Inc., a global change leadership firm. I have consulted with: Atlantic Lottery Corp., Starwood Hotels, BMS, Fidelity Investments, Development Dimensions International (DDI), Save the Children, John Hancock Financial Services, Mercer, Federated Department Stores, KCI, Southland Corp., KRC Research, Life Office Management Association (LOMA), State of Oregon, and Chrysler, among other organizations.
Earlier, I was an adjunct professor in graduate-level Psychology programs at New York University. My research, speaking and consulting engagements include human resource strategies, leadership & executive development, organizational development and change, and strategic thinking.