Botwinik Hall is a large suite-style residence hall for first year students with 2 bedrooms joined together by a common living area and bathroom. Each suite houses 6 students. Each floor has their own lobby with couches, chairs, tables, dry erase boards for homework, and a television set. Some of the floors also have DVD players along with their TV for group activities.
First Year Hall
- Staffing: There are seven resident assistants (RA), one academic peer mentor (APM), and one resident director (RD) in the building.
- Furnishings: Each bedroom consists of a bed, desk, desk chairs, and a wardrobes per resident.
- Suite: Each suite has a common room equipped with shelves, and a private bathroom maintained by the residents of the suite.
- Laundry: A laundry room is located on the first floor and features 7 washers and 7 dryers. The laundry facility is card (student ID card) operated.
- Other Amenities: The first floor of the building features sound-proof music practice rooms that are accessible to the students through the music department. The students can sign-up for a time with the music department secretary and then retrieve the key from her at their allotted time. The key can also be obtained after hours with campus police. Sandella's Flatbread Cafe is located on the first floor.
- Room Layout Possibilities: To explore layout possibilities for your room, consult our Botwinik Hall Triple Layout Guide (PDF).
If you have any questions or need additional information, please send us an email.