Our B.S. in Health Sciences program combines an understanding of biological sciences, humanities and social sciences with healthcare industry-specific knowledge and the network and practical experiences you need to excel in the fast-growing healthcare field.
Predicted to be one of the largest employers in the coming decade, the healthcare industry will also be one of the most competitive. Our program prepares you to meet this challenge.
A strong program that gives you a strong competitive edge. Our B.S. in Health Sciences program is both innovative and rigorous so that you graduate prepared to make a meaningful contribution to your future employer or to gain admission to the graduate program of your choice.
Several features contribute to the strength of the program:
- a curriculum designed in partnership with regional, national and international healthcare corporations, health systems, and nonprofit organizations.
- a focus on instilling of broad technical skills as well as the organizational competencies needed for entry-level positions in a wide range of healthcare organizations, companies and agencies
- a broad multidisciplinary health sciences core with faculty from across the university
- Unrestricted electives allowing students to explore minors of their choice, do a semester abroad, or pursue a bachelor's/master's degree program in 5 years
- multiple tracks allowing specialization in key allied health fields
- a required internship experience and capstone course
- an impressive list of industry partnerships
Pick an interdisciplinary concentration
In addition to core classes in health sciences, our unique concentrations enable you to follow an additional path of study and specialize in in-demand health care fields.
Occupational Therapy: Learn to work in conjunction with other health professionals to help clients develop skills and interact with adapted environments to perform daily activities and meet personal goals.
Speech-Language Pathology: Learn to assess, diagnose, treat, and help prevent communication disorders involving articulation, language development, voice, swallowing, and more.