Begin Looking for a Place to Live
This page will provide you with information about housing near the University of New Haven.
Some important information to keep in mind: The average monthly rent for a one-bedroom apartment in this area of Connecticut ranges from $750+ to $1,000+ per month. Expect to pay more than $1,000 for a 2-bedroom apartment and $1,400+ to 1,650+ for a luxury apartment. One bedroom apartments usually house 1 to 2 people, and 2-bedroom apartments usually house 2-3 people.
New International Undergraduate Students
International Undergraduate Students can choose to live on or off campus.
- If you prefer to live on campus, you will need to submit your housing deposit along with your enrollment deposit. Please contact the Office of International Admissions, for information about housing availability and the application process or
- If you prefer to live off campus, follow the helpful tips in the next section.
New International Graduate Students (and undergraduates who want to live off campus)
At this time, graduate students are not provided housing on the UNH campus. However, we have some great off-campus resources to help aid in your search for housing!
- Search our Jump Off Campus apartment database to look for an apartment or to find a roommate. You will also find Tenant Resources and Area information in the Student/Tenant section.
- For information on off-campus living, West Haven city ordinances, etc. please review the UNH Off-Campus Living Guide (PDF).
- Contact the Office of Residential Life (ORL) by email at email@example.com or 203-932-7076, if you have any questions regarding off-campus housing. The University's Office of Residential Life (ORL) maintains listings of off-campus accommodations including apartments, houses and private rooms in the immediate area for those who are interested.