This page will provide you with information about housing near the University of New Haven.
Some important information to keep in mind: The average monthly rent for a one-bedroom apartment in this area of Connecticut ranges from $750+ to $1,000+ per month. Expect to pay more than $1,000 for a 2-bedroom apartment and $1,400+ to 1,650+ for a luxury apartment. One bedroom apartments usually house 1 to 2 people, and 2-bedroom apartments usually house 2-3 people.
For information on rental leases/contracts and tenants’ rights, click review our off-campus housing newsletter and read the entire newsletter.
Also, our International Admissions staff put together this page of information regarding things to bring with you.
New International Undergraduate Students
International Undergraduate Students can choose to live on or off campus.
- If you prefer to live on campus, please contact International Undergraduate Admissions for more information about housing availability and the application process.
- If you prefer to live off campus, follow the helpful tips in the next section.
New International Graduate Students (and undergraduates who want to live off campus)
At this time, graduate students are not provided housing on the UNH campus. However, we have some great off-campus resources to help aid in your search for housing!
- Search our Jump Off Campus apartment database to look for an apartment or to find a roommate.
- You can also directly contact two local apartment complexes: Wintergreen of Westville (we currently provide a shuttle to and from UNH), or Hadley, Inc., who have been working with our students to place them in nearby locations. You can reach Wintergreen at (203) 389-7593. The contact information for Hadley, Inc. is (203) 777-4599 or via email at email@example.com
- If you are looking for a luxury apartment, please contact Donna Della Camera from Soundview Luxury Apartments at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-577-5437. For more information, please go to www.soundview-apts.com
- You will also find Tenant Resources and Area information by going to our Off Campus Website:www.newhaven.edu/offcampushousing then click on the Student/Tenant section.
- Contact the Office of Residential Life (ORL) by email at email@example.com, or contact Rebecca Kitchell at RKitchell@newhaven.edu or (203) 932-7076, if you have any questions regarding off-campus housing. The University's Office of Residential Life (ORL) maintains listings of off-campus accommodations including apartments, houses and private rooms in the immediate area for those who are interested.