Application Requirements for Graduate Students
Master’s Application Checklist
- Online application
- $50 non-refundable fee
- Official university transcripts and proof of bachelor’s degree completion. An explanation of your university grading system must also be provided along with your transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation from your professors or employers
- A Statement of Purpose is required. A résumé is highly recommended.
- Certain majors require GRE and/or GMAT test scores. GRE School Code: 3663; GMAT school code: P1X-DS-94. See GRE/GMAT section below for more information.
Additional Requirements for International Students
Additional Requirements for Ph.D. Applicants
- An official GRE test score report sent directly to University of New Haven from the testing agency. The GRE university code is 3663.
- 3 Letters of recommendation
- An academic or other professional writing sample
- The Statement of purpose must include applicant background, goals, and reasons for pursuing their Ph.D. degree at the University of New Haven
Sending Documents By Mail
Mail Official Documents to:
University of New Haven
Office of Graduate Admissions
Maxcy Hall, 129
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516, USA
In an effort to minimize application processing time and to support our paperless application process, you should only mail official documents to the office.
All unofficial documents must be uploaded through the online application system to support the initial admissions review. Any unofficial documents mailed to the office will be discarded.
- Computer Science (M.S), Cybersecurity and Networks (M.S.), Data Science (M.S.), Electrical Engineering (M.S.), Forensic Science (M.S.), and Mechanical Engineering (M.S.) applicants are urged to submit GRE scores to be considered for admission. The GRE is optional for graduates of regionally accredited United States colleges and universities.
- Accounting (M.S.), Finance (M.S.), and MBA applicants are urged to submit GMAT scores.
GMAT/GRE scores are required for International applicants who wish to be considered for available assistantships/fellowships.
- The University of New Haven offers conditional acceptance in most majors to those who are academically admissible but who have not met our required English test scores.
- Students who do not submit proof of English proficiency will be considered for conditional admission to the University and will be recommended to enroll in our Academic English Preparatory Program (AEPP). For this program, no official IELTS, TOEFL, or any other English test score is required. The program can take four, eight, or twelve months to complete, depending on the student’s incoming English proficiency level. For more information, see www.newhaven.edu/AEPP.
Please Note: The following graduate degree programs have limited intakes:
- Forensic Technology will admit students for the Fall term only.
- Forensic Science will admit students for the Fall term only. Applications for Forensic Science must be submitted by March 1.
- The Ph.D. program in Criminal Justice will admit students for the Fall term only.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling will admit students for the Fall term only.