Application Requirements for Graduate Students
Master’s Application Checklist
- Online application
- $50 non-refundable fee
- Official university transcripts and proof of bachelor’s degree completion. An explanation of your university grading system must also be provided along with your transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation from your professors or employers
- A Statement of Purpose is required. A résumé is highly recommended.
- Certain majors require GRE and/or GMAT test scores. GRE School Code: 3663; GMAT school code: P1X-DS-94. See GRE/GMAT section below for more information.
Additional Requirements for International Students
Additional Requirements for Ph.D. Applicants
- 3 Letters of recommendation
- An academic or other professional writing sample
- The Statement of purpose must include applicant background, goals, and reasons for pursuing their Ph.D. degree at the University of New Haven
Additional Requirements for Doctor of Science Applicants
Top candidates to the Doctor of Health Sciences will undergo an interview with program faculty prior to an admissions decision.
- Academic transcripts
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- 1 writing sample
- Statement of purpose
Sending Documents By Mail
Mail Official Documents to:
University of New Haven
Office of Graduate Admissions
Maxcy Hall, 129
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516, USA
In an effort to minimize application processing time and to support our paperless application process, you should only mail official documents to the office.
All unofficial documents must be uploaded through the online application system to support the initial admissions review. Any unofficial documents mailed to the office will be discarded.
- Cellular and Molecular Biology (M.S.), Computer Science (M.S), Cybersecurity and Networks (M.S.), Data Science (M.S.), Electrical Engineering (M.S.), Forensic Science (M.S.), and Mechanical Engineering (M.S.) applicants are required to submit GRE scores to be considered for admission. The GRE is optional for graduates of regionally accredited United States colleges and universities.
- Accounting (M.S.), Finance (M.S.), MBA and Sport Management (M.S.) applicants are required to submit GMAT or GRE scores. Qualified applicants for Pompea College of Business who have met specific requirements as outlined below may request a waiver of the GMAT/GRE requirement.
Minimum requirements for GMAT Waiver consideration:
- An advanced degree (e.g., masters or higher) or a Professional License (CPA, MD, JD), or
- An undergraduate grade point average of 3.3 or higher from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent, or
- Proof of a minimum of 5 years of continuous professional, administrative, or business experience with demonstrated progression in scope of control and authority
GMAT/GRE scores are required for International applicants who wish to be considered for available assistantships/fellowships.
See here for more information on Conditional Admissions and our Academic English Preparatory Program.
Please Note: The following graduate degree programs have limited intakes:
- Forensic Technology will admit students for the Fall term only.
- Forensic Science will admit students for the Fall term only. Applications for Forensic Science must be submitted by March 1.
- The Ph.D. program in Criminal Justice will admit students for the Fall term only.
- The Clinical Mental Health Counseling on-ground program will admit students for the Fall term only. Applications must be submitted by February 1.
- The Doctor of Health Sciences (DHSc) program will admit students for the Fall term only. Applications must be submitted by February 1.
- Applications for the Ph.D. program in Engineering and Applied Science must be submitted by March 1 for fall admission and October 15 for spring admission.