Exploring Engineering Academy
July 12-16, 2021
Instruction Method: Remote
This program runs 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. daily.
The Exploring Engineering Academy will allow middle school students to engage, explore, and experiment with engineering through a series of guided hands-on activities led by University of New Haven faculty. Engineering is more than just math and science, and this camp will encourage students to think creatively, make connections between technology and their everyday lives, and persist and re-design through failure. Are you excited and ready to explore?
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of several topics within engineering
- Experience engineering through hands-on interactive learning
- Learn with current students, faculty, and working engineers
- Explore how technology can improve both your local community and the world
- Virtual academies are convenient- learn from home with no transportation or logistics required, and all supplies shipped directly to you
- Age appropriate activities allow participants to be the lead. However, adult supervision will be recommended for some activities to minimize at-home messes
Must be entering 6-8th grades for the 2021-22 academic year.