Model United Nations Academy
July 26-30, 2021
Instruction Method: Remote
What did you do on your summer vacation?
Imagine answering: “I walked in the shoes of a diplomat from Australia, helped create solutions to climate change with other student diplomats from Japan, France, and Russia, and got to see how this type of change really happens at the United Nations in New York!”
The MUN Academy at the University of New Haven is like stepping into the shoes of a United Nations diplomat creating and debating solutions to current, real-world problems with expert guidance, Zoom talks by experienced diplomats, fun-filled simulations, and lots of active-learning!
MUN Academy includes lots of activities, UN simulations, engaging discussions with real-world diplomats, exciting discussions, and career-relevant skills training including:
- Real-world simulations of the UN and UN committees
- Fun activities on debating, networking, interpersonal communication, and team work
- Expert guest speakers on diplomacy and international affairs
- Discussion sessions on the role of social media and technology, climate change, free trade, diplomacy, terrorism, arms proliferation, and inequality
- Skills training on persuasion, debating, public speaking, communication, researching, writing, networking, strategic thinking, and more
Students must be entering 9th–12th grade for the 2021-22 academic year and should have an interest in one or more of the following:
- Current events
- Creating solutions to global problems
- Making a difference