Create the Career and the Life you Want
What can you do with with a Bachelor of Arts degree in communication from University of New Haven? Pretty much anything you’re passionate about and you’ll hit the ground running. Our hands on program will prepare you to be an innovator in entertainment, film, multiplatform journalism, public relations, and mass communication including television, radio and podcasting.
Choose from concentrations in:
- Film Production and Media Entrepreneurship
- Multi-Platform Journalism and Media (includes Television Production)
- Public Relations and Digital Media
Earn your Bachelor of Arts and Master of Business Administration in just five years with our 4 plus 1 option.
Jump start your career with the University of New Haven accelerated degree program, designed to give you the specialized skills you need to creatively and successfully adapt to the continuing evolution of both interpersonal and mass communication. Students who are adept at both communication and business graduate with two valuable academic and professional skill sets.
Here are some jobs for graduates with a B.A. in Communication.
- Content creator
- Film/video editor
- Game designer
- Media manager or consultant
- Media producer
- Multimedia animator
- Public relations specialist
- Social media strategist
- Sports information director
- Web designer
If you can imagine it, you can create it at the new Bergami Center for Science, Technology and Innovation
The Department of Communication, Film and Media Studies footprint includes a state-of-the-art sound stage incorporating a broadcast component, and spaces for specialized editing and sound mixing. Students can explore Foley and create sound effects for films. The Bergami Center features a fully equipped television studio, and a multiplatform newsroom for student journalists.
Study for a bachelor’s degree in communication at UNH and you will experience limitless opportunities that will prepare you to enter this exciting field with confidence.
- Create projects in film, journalism, entertainment, esports, podcasts and social media
- Train on professional equipment and software in the Laurel Vlock Center for Convergent Media
- Write, report and edit the student-run Charger Bulletin newspaper and Charger Bulletin magazine
- Produce, report and anchor Charger Bulletin News weekly tv show
- Broadcast on award-winning radio station WNHU, 24/7
- Participate in real-world meetings and experiences by interning at organizations such as ESPN, Lion’s Gate, NBC Sports and Disney
- Experience international opportunities at the Cannes Film Festival and our Prato, Italy campus
- Join professional organizations and on-campus clubs to stay on top of trends and increase networking opportunities