Inside view of Celentano Hall
Celentano Hall features spectacular views of Long Island sound and downtown New Haven from upper floors.
The $43 million building was the first "green" residence hall at the University of New Haven and received LEED gold certification status. It opened as Soundview Hall, and was rededicated Celentano Hall on May 5, 2014. The hall consists of 4-person double, 4 person single, and 6 person single apartments.
- There are ten Resident Assistants (RA), one Residence Director (RD), and one Area Coordinator (AC) living in the building.
- Each bedroom consists of a bed, a desk, a chair, and a wardrobe for each resident.
- Each apartment is equipped with two bathrooms and a full kitchen/living room area consisting of a love seat and two chairs, coffee table and dining table set.
- A common room with a 52-inch flat screen TV is located on every floor.
- The building is air-conditioned and apartments have their own temperature control.
Talks About Living in Celentano Hall
“Celentano Hall is located right in the heart of the main campus, making it easily accessible from academic buildings and other resources on campus. The hall is set up apartment-style, and on each floor there is a laundry facility, a common room, and a recycling room. From the upper floors, students enjoy views of downtown New Haven and Long Island Sound. I have lived in Celentano hall for two years, and I can honestly say that it has been a very rewarding experience.
It not only has been my home away from home, it has also allowed me to become more independent while giving me the opportunity to interact and meet many other students.”
Bedroom inside Celentano Hall
Outside entrance of Celentano Hall