Transferring from the College of Technology

If you are a current student enrolled in a Connecticut community college pursuing your AS in Engineering Science, continue your educational journey at the University of New Haven to:

  • Shorten the time needed to complete your B.S. degree by ensuring your A.S. coursework maps directly into our engineering programs
  • Receive merit-based scholarships ranging from $12,000 - $24,000 annually
  • Participate in hand’s-on student experiences including prototyping in the makerspace, active mentoring program, undergraduate research, student competitions, and more!
  • Build on your existing studies to receive your BS and move on to a rewarding career, in-demand graduate programs, and other exciting opportunities!

With our agreement between the College of Technology and the University of New Haven Tagliatela College of Engineering, you have access to the following:

  • If you submit the University of New Haven’s convenient transfer intent form before completing 12 credits towards your A.S., you can take one University of New Haven on-campus course each year, free of charge, as a non-matriculated part-time student (maximum of three courses). This can help you complete and earn credit for prerequisites that may not be offered at the community college.
  • Receive personalized advising from a University of New Haven Transfer Enrollment Counselor while completing your A.S. to ensure a smooth transfer of credits.
  • Complete your A.S. degree with a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA, and satisfy University of New Haven transfer admission requirements, enrollment policies, and corresponding deadlines, and you will be guaranteed admission to one of the following majors: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Engineering.
Transfer Scholarships

Merit-based Transfer Presidential Scholarships are available to all qualified A.S. in Engineering Science recipients admitted to the University of New Haven as full-time students. An additional $2,000 scholarship is available to transfer students members of Phi Theta Kappa.

The Transfer Scholar Award is intended for full-time students who are transferring from another college or university and have completed 12 credit hours at their transferring institution and have a minimum GPA of 3.0. The scholarship awards vary depending on the student's GPA but range from $12,000 - $24,000.

The Transfer Scholar Award is renewable each year provided you remain a full-time undergraduate student while maintaining satisfactory progress towards a bachelor's degree.

Next Steps

Ready to continue your education? Complete your convenient transfer intent form or reach out to Undergraduate Admissions to learn more.

Student Profile

Contact Undergraduate Admissions

Anemone and Steven Kaplan Hall (formerly Bayer Hall)
Phone: (203) 932-7319
Fax: (203) 931-6093

Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.